Views:1 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-07-12 Origin:Site
The working principle of the laser cutting machine is mainly the interaction between the laser and the material, and the action process is mainly divided into two phenomena: microscopic and macroscopic. The microscopic phenomenon is mainly the quantum reaction process, and the macroscopic phenomenon includes the absorption, reflection, refraction, energy conversion and transmission of the laser light by the material. The factors that affect the cutting quality of the laser cutting machine are very complex. In addition to the characteristics of the material itself, there are also some equipment hardware effects. Let us take a look.
Factors affecting the cutting quality of laser cutting machine
1. Beam characteristics: The width of the incision of laser cutting has a greater relationship with the diameter of the focused spot. Since the power density and energy density of the laser irradiation are related to the laser spot diameter, in order to obtain a larger power density and energy scale, in the laser cutting process, the spot diameter is required to be as small as possible.
2. Laser power: The size of the laser power directly affects the thickness of the steel plate that can be cut. The higher the power, the thicker the thickness of the cut material. In addition, it affects the dimensional accuracy of the workpiece, the width of the slit, the roughness of the cutting surface, and the width of the heat-affected zone.
3. Cutting speed: The cutting speed has a great influence on the cutting quality. A suitable cutting speed will make the cutting surface appear smooth and there is no slag generated at the bottom. If the cutting speed is too fast, the material cannot be cut through, sparks splash, slag is generated in the lower half, and even the lens is burned. If the cutting speed is too slow, it is easy to cause the material to be over-melted, the slit becomes wider, the heat-affected zone increases, and even the workpiece is over-melted.
4. Nozzle: The aperture of the nozzle, the distance between the nozzle light exit and the surface of the material, etc., will affect the cutting effect.
5. Focus position: The focus position directly affects the width of the incision, the roughness of the section and the adhesion of waste residue. The focal position is different, the beam diameter and focal depth of the surface of the processed material are different, which will cause the shape of the slit to change and affect the flow of processing gas and molten metal in the section.
6. Auxiliary gas: auxiliary gas is required for material cutting, mainly gas pressure and gas type, both of which will affect the roughness of the cutting section and the generation of dross.
There are many factors that affect the cutting quality of laser cutting machines. A full understanding of the various factors in the cutting process of laser cutting machines can find ways to improve the surface quality of processed materials and improve the quality of processed surfaces.